The Orange Business Datacenter team serves the dynamic, market driven workload of our global customers through many thousands of servers, network devices and connections. All of our services are provided by highly secure, compliant, and resilient datacenters in Europe to our enterprise customers in all industries.
The Datacenter Technician provides technical, and facility support in an always-on data center environment, including interfacing with employees, vendors, and customers at all levels. The technician will oversee the implementation, support, and daily activities of the areas and services critical to reliable and efficient data center operations and working directly with hardware, structured cabling, and high-end systems.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Perform power cycles, diagnose, troubleshoot, and manage data center equipment
- Rack, cable, and label data center equipment including network, server, and storage devices
- Manage a queue of install and repair tickets, provide details of work performed
- Create, document, and execute policies and procedures for Datacenter Operations
- Participate in projects to ensure successful day-to-day deliveries to our customers
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspects of datacenter activities
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships with the business teams and external suppliers
- 2+ year(s) of experience installing, troubleshooting, and managing network, server, and/or storage equipment in a data center environment
- Familiar with fiber and copper network cabling including IP and SAN deployments
- Fluent in Swedish and English (verbal and written)
- Experience using a web-based ticketing system to manage install and repair tasks
- Experience running command line utilities for troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Able to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights
- Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructure components
- Good decision-making skills and strong customer service skills
- A valid B class driver’s license
It is not a requirement, but other preferred qualifications would be:
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Experience diagnosing and replacing equipment components (including backplanes, motherboards, CPUs, drives)
- Experience testing and cleaning fiber optic components
What we offer you:
- We may work with tomorrow’s technology, but at our core we are a people-oriented organization and we are proud to have our Great Place to Work certification
- An open and inclusive culture, that enables us to reach our full potential
- A community of experts - as Digital Natives, we put innovation at the heart of our expertise
- Read more about the benefits we offer here
About Orange Business:
Orange Business is a leading network and digital integrator company with offices in 65 countries worldwide, and part of the Orange Group.
Digital Services, a business line of Orange Business is a newly created division within Orange Business. In Europe the business line consists of approximately 1500 people distributed across 9 countries. We are digital natives, with innovation at the core of our business, which makes us a reliable partner close to our customers. Our joint mission is to help innovate, drive and lead them in their digital transformation challenges and business strategies in key digital domains, including Cloud, Customer Experience, Digital Workspace and Data & AI. As an agile and fast-moving digital business partner, the business line offers trusted end-to-end solutions and products that help businesses in a wide range of industries in the private and public sector transform their operations, enhance customer experience, and drive growth.
With our digital expertise, we are a strategic partner of Orange Business objectives to be a leading network and digital integrator with our team as a key growth engine.
We screen applications on an ongoing basis, with the aim of conducting conversations and interviews as we receive them.
Interested but feel that you don't match the criteria 100%? We encourage you to apply anyway! Your perfect match might be the next job we are announcing, so why not have a head start and apply now!
Are you interested to read more about Orange Business? Visit our Website or follow our LinkedIn account.