The team, position & mission:
Notifications that you should not expect from our Managed Services department:
*Recover deleted files
*Printer is not working properly
As an experienced Engineer, you know better than anyone that the above tickets belong to the 1st line Service Desk. Just like our team of Engineers, you like to remain at the controls and only interact with the customer's internal IT department. IT is a broad concept, but your IT heart will beat faster from the digital workplace and modern management. #digitalworkspace
With us there is certainly no #choicestress, because you will work with the technologies of Citrix, Microsoft and VMware.
At Orange Business you don't just end up at a tech and software company; you will join a global and united team, fueled by trust to serve our BtoB customers. Trust defines the relationships we have with our customers, partners and employees.
Your key areas of responsibility as Workspace Engineer
- As an experienced Engineer, you provide our customers with 3rd line support and resolve complex incidents. An example of a P1: servers are down and 500 employees can no longer log in to do their work. As Sherlock Holmes, you investigate and take a deep dive into the technology so that the cause is found and the malfunction is resolved. You also like that the wheel is not reinvented every time, which is why you record it. Not only for yourself, but also for your colleagues.
- In addition to the fact that many customers would like to move to the #Cloud, we also have customers who deal with legacy in a Citrix environment. Technologies such as Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop therefore have no secrets for you. With your knowledge and experience in the field of Workspace Management (RES, VMware DEM, FSLogix) and Application Virtualization, you and the team ensure the customer's best desktop experience.
- In addition, we do not have to tell you that you are continuously trying to improve our services to our customers, because you are their technical conscience. Not alone, but with the team of experienced Engineers. Together you ensure that our customers are optimally relieved when it comes to their IT environment. This means that there are on-call services, because an IT environment does not stop after 5:00 PM. Of course, this only happens when you have landed properly and on average this will happen once every 6 weeks.
As an ideal candidate you have:
- The desire to be in control, because you ensure that our customers' environments are continuously managed. If there are any changes, ensure that they are implemented in a timely manner. In any case, your drive is not lacking, because developments in the IT world are moving quickly and you ensure that you stay up-to-date.
- Strong communication skills and you know better than anyone how to tell a technical story in understandable “human language” to all levels of a company. Keep IT simple.
- Knowledge and experience in Technologies such as Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Knowledge and experience in the field of Workspace Management (RES, VMware DEM, FSLogix) and Application Virtualization
What we offer you:
- Hybrid ways of working with access to our modern & collaborative offices in Amsterdam
- We may work with tomorrow’s technology, but at our core we are a people-oriented organization and we are proud to have our Great Place to Work certification
- An open and inclusive culture, that enables us to reach our full potential
- A community of experts - as Digital Natives, we put innovation at the heart of our expertise
- We also believe in the power of investment and development in our people. We are curious which IT certificates are (still) on your agenda? We are looking for tech-savvy Architects with a mindset that allows us to excel together, both professionally and personally. Like how you support our customers, we will support you in taking work-related courses and/or training. Together you simply achieve more.
- The team you will join consists of Juniors, Mediors and Seniors and the department is in full swing. Not only in terms of professional content, because during lunch they also go out for a brisk walk and then return with a tasty lunch.
- Naturally, you will receive an appropriate salary and secondary employment conditions. Since you will be deployed to our customers, you will of course arrive with a lease car. We take a laptop and smartphone with a generous data bundle for granted. Based on 40 hours you are entitled to 26 vacation days and 8% vacation pay to enjoy them. On your birthday (if it falls on a working day) you will also receive half a day as a gift, because that should of course be celebrated!
- Read more about the benefits we offer here
About Orange Business:
Orange Business is a leading network and digital integrator company with offices in 65 countries worldwide, and part of the Orange Group.
Digital Services, a business line of Orange Business is a newly created division within Orange Business. In Europe the business line consists of approximately 1500 people distributed across 9 countries. We are digital natives, with innovation at the core of our business, which makes us a reliable partner close to our customers. Our joint mission is to help innovate, drive and lead them in their digital transformation challenges and business strategies in key digital domains, including Cloud, Customer Experience, Digital Workspace and Data & AI. As an agile and fast-moving digital business partner, the business line offers trusted end-to-end solutions and products that help businesses in a wide range of industries in the private and public sector transform their operations, enhance customer experience, and drive growth.
With our digital expertise, we are a strategic partner of Orange Business objectives to be a leading network and digital integrator with our team as a key growth engine.
The process & questions:
We screen applications on an ongoing basis, with the aim of conducting conversations and interviews as we receive them.
With your knowledge and experience in our field, I would like to get to know you to find out whether we can be an asset to each other. If you have any questions or would like to receive additional information, you can call or email me; Siham 31(0)6-42745321 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested but feel that you don´t match the criteria 100%? We encourage you to apply anyway! Your perfect match might be the next job we are announcing, so why not have a head start and apply now!
Are you interested to read more about Orange Business? Visit our Website or follow our LinkedIn account.
In the context of our integrity policy, a 'Declaration of Good Conduct' (VOG) must be requested. Receiving a Certificate of Good Conduct is included as a resolutive factor in the employment contract. If you cannot provide a Certificate of Good Conduct, we unfortunately cannot hire you.