The team, position & mission:
We are looking for a hands-on Medior Data Engineer to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in SQL Server T-SQL and SSIS, with a proven track record of building and optimizing data systems and pipelines.
Your key areas of responsibility as Data Engineer:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reliable, and scalable data pipelines using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and T-SQL.
- Develop SSIS packages as well as complex SQL queries and stored procedures to support data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes.
- Participate to the data warehouse modeling to ensure scalable, maintainable, and high-performance data architecture.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their data needs and deliver solutions that meet these requirements.
- Monitor and optimize database performance, including tuning T-SQL queries and SSIS packages for optimal execution.
- Collaborate with data analysts and other team members to support data-related technical issues and data infrastructure needs.
As an ideal candidate you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role, with hands-on experience in SQL Server T-SQL and SSIS.
- Strong understanding of ETL processes, data modeling, and data warehousing principles.
- Experience with data integration and data pipeline architecture.
- Proficiency in writing complex SQL queries and optimizing them for performance.
- Familiarity with other database technologies (e.g., NoSQL, PostgreSQL) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Azure, Azure Data Factory, DBT, DataBricks or Snowflake is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Fluency in French and English (verbal & written).
What we offer you:
- Hybrid ways of working with access to our modern & collaborative offices in Geneva
- We may work with tomorrow’s technology, but at our core we are a people-oriented organization and we are proud to have our Great Place to Work certification (Add or remove accordingly to GPW status of location)
- An open and inclusive culture, that enables us to reach our full potential
- A community of experts - as Digital Natives, we put innovation at the heart of our expertise
- Read more about the benefits we offer here
About Orange Business:
Orange Business is a leading network and digital integrator company with offices in 65 countries worldwide, and part of the Orange Group.
Digital Services, a business line of Orange Business is a newly created division within Orange Business. In Europe the business line consists of approximately 1500 people distributed across 9 countries. We are digital natives, with innovation at the core of our business, which makes us a reliable partner close to our customers. Our joint mission is to help innovate, drive and lead them in their digital transformation challenges and business strategies in key digital domains, including Cloud, Customer Experience, Digital Workspace and Data & AI. As an agile and fast-moving digital business partner, the business line offers trusted end-to-end solutions and products that help businesses in a wide range of industries in the private and public sector transform their operations, enhance customer experience, and drive growth.
With our digital expertise, we are a strategic partner of Orange Business objectives to be a leading network and digital integrator with our team as a key growth engine.
We screen applications on an ongoing basis, with the aim of conducting conversations and interviews as we receive them.
Interested but feel that you don´t match the criteria 100%? We encourage you to apply anyway! Your perfect match might be the next job we are announcing, so why not have a head start and apply now!
Are you interested to read more about Orange Business? Visit our Website or follow our LinkedIn account.